By Brother Thom
O.K., so we have another not so fun fact, but it does illustrate the decline in Church membership across all denominations and non-denominational congregations.
Only 8% of regular church attenders believe that sharing their faith is “very important.”
The fear or takeaway from this statistic is that 92% of congregations are pew warmers. God gave us The Great Commission found in Matthew 28:19-20:
“Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you.”
I’m confused on how you can be a Christian, and not carry out God’s Great Commission. It’s incompatible with Christianity to be a pew warmer, or to sit on your own hands. The commission from Jesus means that his followers have the duty to go, make disciples, teach, and baptize.
Today is not only the day the Lord has made, but it’s also a great day to share the Peace of Jesus Christ with anyone who will listen. Here’s what you can do:
- Share the word of God with others
- Be the only Bible some will ever read
- Get involved in your Church or a ministry
- Do outreach (a church without outreach is a social gathering)
- Don’t be afraid to say “Bless You,” or “God Bless You.”
- Wear your Church T-Shirt when you can, be visible
- Share your faith on facebook and other social media
- Share our facebook posts with your friends
- Introduce our website to your friends
Now go get busy.